Creation Science Association of British Columbia
Promoting Biblical Creation and Challenging Evolution since 1967
Access an article by selecting from the complete listing of articles (below).
- A Smorgasbord of Quotations
- The Coffee News Ads (more quotations that relate to the origins controversy)
- Did We Quote Dawkins Properly? — A Blog Interaction
- Debate: "Evolution versus Creation: War of the Worldviews!" (Richard Peachey's Opening Remarks)
- Do Creationists Oppose "All of Science"? (Rebuttal of Scott Goodman's debate claim)
- Do Evolutionists Avoid the Terms "Macroevolution" and "Microevolution"? (Refuting the claim that these are "made-up creationist terms")
- Trinity Western University's Statement on Creation: A Critique (short version)
- Trinity Western University's Statement on Creation: A Critique (detailed version)
- PhD Study Finds: Evolution is Incompatible with God!
- Noted Atheist Critiques Neo-Darwinism! (quotations from Thomas Nagel's 2012 book Mind & Cosmos: Why the Materialist Neo-Darwinian Conception of Nature is Almost Certainly False)
- "If Truth Be Told" (Evolution Has Little Practical Value! — as admitted by leading evolutionist Jerry Coyne)
- Response to Spencer Boersma's article "Why Genesis One Does Not Teach Creationism"
- The Unforgettable Flight (by guest writer Doug Hillson)
- The British Monarchy: Contrived History? A reductio ad absurdum argument in defense of those "incredible" age numbers in Genesis 5 and 11
- Was Christ a Creationist? (Sermon)
- Was Christ a Creationist? (One-Page Summary)
- Christ's View of the Bible
- But it's divisive! (Creationists are not "divisive" — those who reject the Biblical Creation and Flood are divisive!)
- Five Arguments For Genesis 1 And 2 As Straightforward Historical Narrative
- Is Genesis Poetry? (response to a high school student)
- How Was Genesis Composed?
- Bruce Waltke on the Genre of Genesis 1: A Critique
- Nine Reasons Why The "Days" In Genesis 1 Must Be Understood As Normal (24-Hour) Days
- Four Reasons Why You Can’t Believe Both Genesis And Evolution At The Same Time
- "SADDLE CATNAP": Ten Reasons Why the Genesis Flood Must Have Been a Global Event
- The Uniqueness of Human Beings
- Evolution and the Bible: A Blog Interaction
- If Jesus Was Wrong: The Implications
- Explaining Away the Genesis "Days" — Two Favourite Techniques (an email exchange)
- Positive Scientific Evidence for Creation!
- The Giraffe: A Favourite Textbook Illustration Of Evolutionary Theories
- Major Nineteenth Century Theories of Evolution: Lamarck and Darwin
- Darwin's Use of Lamarck's Laws
- Major Twentieth Century Theories of Evolution: The Neo-Darwinian Synthesis and Punctuated Equilibrium
- The Peppered Moth Story: Prime Example Of Evolution? (Note: This article has been updated to reflect new work by biologists. See "The Peppered Moth Story: Vindicated!")
- The Galápagos Finches: Prime Example of Evolution?
- Sickle-Cell Anemia: Example of a "Beneficial Mutation"?
- Is Peripatus a Valid Evolutionary Intermediate?
- Are "Vestigial Organs" Valid Evidence Of Evolution?
- Not "Junk"! — An Extensive Collection of Quotes Indicating Functionality in Non-Protein-Coding DNA
- The "Science" of Paleoanthropology (Human Fossils) — Exposed!
- "Big Bang": The Implausible Explosion!
- Can Scientists Create "Life" in a Test Tube?
- Chemical Evolution: The Problem Of Improbable Proteins
- What is the Most Serious Problem for All Evolutionary "Origin of Life" Theories?
- Mistaken Microfossils! (And Other Erroneous Evidence of Early Earthlife)
- Planet Earth — A Well-Designed Place to Live!
- Life on Mars?
- False, Flawed, and Unrepeatable — How "Science" is Losing its Aura
- Trilobites PowerPoint presentation (Download: 35MB) — You will need a PowerPoint compatible program to view this! (Originally created on PowerPoint.)
Downloadable PowerPoint & Keynote Presentations!
- Downloadable PowerPoint & Keynote Presentations (Note: The PowerPoints are translations from Keynotes.)
- Personalities in the Evolution/Creation Conflict
- How a Literal Understanding of Genesis Promoted the Rise of Modern Science!
- Science: Child of a Biblical Worldview
- Men Of Science — Men Of God
Quarterly Letter articles
This section provides access to selected articles (slightly edited) from CSABC Quarterly Letters to members. If you are a member, you will receive these articles as they are published, along with a prayer calendar and Alberta's Creation Science Dialogue. Might be interested in becoming a member? Click here.
- Sir John William Dawson: A Great Canadian Creationist (Sept. 1999)
- "Finding Darwin's God" — Is It Possible? (Dec. 2002)
- Theistic Evolution: Can This "Marriage" Be Saved?? (Mar. 2003)
- Is a "Day" Really a Day in Genesis 1? Here's What the Hebrew Scholars Say! (Sept. 2003)
- Classic Defense of Genesis [by Benjamin Wills Newton, 1882] (Mar. 2004)
- "As a Creationist . . . I Agree With Evolutionists!" (Mar. 2005)
- How Evolutionists Ought to Teach Evolution [by William Provine] (June 2005)
- Do Examples of "Microevolution" Provide Support for Macroevolution? (Sept. 2005)
- The "Big Bang" Explains Nothing! (Dec. 2005)
- Creation, Evolution, and Speed-of-Light Problems (Mar. 2006)
- Altercation at McGill! (June 2006)
- What I Taught My Science 9 Students This Summer! (Sept. 2006)
- Darwinism = Atheism! (Dec. 2006)
- Arguing from Augustine: Evolutionists Should Give It Up! (June 2007)
- The Eight E's of Evolution! (Sept. 2007)
- Genesis 2:4 and the Meaning of "Day" in Genesis 1 (Mar. 2008)
- How Darwinism Contributed to Modern Views on Abortion, Infanticide, and Euthanasia (June 2008)
- Why Can't Evolutionists Make Headway? (Dec. 2008)
- "Flat Earthers" — A Half-Baked Charge Against Creationists! (Mar. 2009)
- Is Evolution Really So Central to Biology? (Mar. 2010)
- On Being Labeled "Extreme" (June 2010)
- Why Christians Should Not be Open to Darwin! (Sept. 2010)
- Eight Pillars: A Biblical/Christian Approach to the Origins Controversy (Dec. 2010)
- Holes in Evolution! (as described by my university Invertebrate Zoology textbook) (Mar. 2011)
- Resisting an Overused Argument for Evolution (Antibiotic-Resistance in Bacteria) (Sept. 2011)
- The Peppered Moth Story: Vindicated! (June 2012)
- Evolutionary Thinking leads to Retarded Science (Sept. 2012)
- A Simple But Powerful Argument Against Evolution — The Bible Doesn't Teach It! (Dec. 2012)
- How to Argue Against the Obvious Meaning of "Day" in Genesis 1 (June 2013)
- Right-Handed Amino Acids: Can They Smack Down the Evolutionist's Chirality Problem? (Sept. 2013)
- Do You Believe in Magic? — A Blog Interaction (Mar. 2014)
- Does "Creation Science" Equal "Belief in the Bible as the Word of God"? (June 2014)
- Criticizing the Creator — And Calling It "Science"! (Dec. 2014)
- What the New Testament teaches about Creation, Fall, and the Flood (Mar. 2015)
- Where Cain Got His Wife: Is This a Moral Problem for the Bible? And does Darwinism Provide a Better Answer? (an Email Exchange) (Jun. 2015)
- The Bible & The Shape of the Earth — A Blog Exchange (Sep. 2015)
Cascade News series
Like many post-secondary educational institutions, the University of the Fraser Valley, Abbotsford, celebrated 2009 as the "Year of Darwin." In response, we ran a series of paid advertorials in the UFV student newspaper, the Cascade News. The series covered the final semester of the calendar year, with weekly publications spanning from Sept. 10 to Dec. 4. A lot of controversy was generated: the newspaper received input (favourable and otherwise) from students and instructors; the paper's editors and staff also weighed in. Your contribution dollars at work! (The articles shown here are slightly edited versions of the original advertorials.)
- Dawkins and Design (Sept. 10)
- Evolutionists and E x t r a p o l a t i o n (Sept. 17)
- Darwin's Depressing Idea (Sept. 24)
- What Would Jesus Do . . . About the Creation/Evolution Controversy? (Oct. 1)
- David: About that opinion piece . . . (Oct. 9)
- ev•o•lu•tion (evil - you - shun) n. (Oct. 16)
- On Restoring Science to its "Rightful Place" (Oct. 23)
- The Reality of God (in response to Peter Raabe) (Oct. 30)
- David's Disappointing Diatribe: A Rejoinder (Nov. 6)
- Evolution's Biggest Problem (Nov. 13)
- Darwin's Favourite Evidence: Fraudulent! (Nov. 20)
- Let's Be Realistic: You Can't Logically Have it Both Ways! (Nov. 27)
- Medieval "Flat Earth" Belief: Another Evolutionist Fallacy! (Dec. 4)